Middle East’s largest broadcaster reportedly launches its own streaming service to rival Netflix

The Dubai-based firm was reportedly taken into majority ownership by the Saudi government following last year’s anti-corruption crackdown, which led to the detainment and subsequent release of MBC founder Waleed bin Ibrahim Al Ibrahim. Reuters reported in February, citing sources close to the matter, that officials planned to transfer ownership of 60 percent of the regional broadcaster while leaving the remaining 40 percent in the hands of Al Ibrahim. – Ryan Browne, CNBC » https://cnb.cx/2CWMLuF

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.