Tag Archives: BoJack Horseman
After months of negotiations, the animators of BoJack Horseman have voted to unionize with The Animation Guild (TAG). According to Cartoon Brew, a divide has always existed on the show between the animators who went without union protection and the unionized writers and voice actors. BoJack was one of the few Netflix animated series that did not have a contract with Animation Guild Local 839 IATSE. – Bethy Squires, Vulture » https://vult.re/2N3cd8U
Adult animation phenomenon BoJack Horseman will be available for the first time to viewers in free-to-air on DMAX, Discovery’s new male entertainment channel in the UK. – Gabriel Miramar-Garcia, Rapid TV News » https://ift.tt/2twck0k
2) BoJack Horseman: The animated premise might throw some people off, but BoJack’s humor comes from its satire of Hollywood’s fame machine and the washed-up bits of humanity it spits out.
3) Transparent: Jill Soloway has created a show not just about a father transitioning to life as a woman, but a family struggling with their own intimate question marks.
4) The Hotwives of Orlando: Hulu premiered this new faux reality show from Dannah Phirman and Danielle Schneider in July, and while the first couple episodes of their Real Housewives spoof take a while to gain momentum, the last half is actually sort of subversive.
5) Short Poppies: Netflix scooped it up earlier this year and brought season 1 to an American audience, but it was mostly a sleeper hit.
6) Tough Love: While this premise has certainly been done before, Blaire Wendel and Steven Bell’s dialogue is relatable, their struggle to be adults familiar.
7) F to 7th Web Series: This “homoneurotic” series by Ingrid Jungermann features guest stars like Janeane Garofalo and Amy Sedaris, and explores what it means to be gay and “pre-middle age” in New York City. – Audra Schroeder,The Daily Dot