Tag Archives: negotiation
- Never accept the first offer because it won’t be the best one.
- If they say they’re not authorized to give you a discount then ask to speak to a supervisor.
- It’s possible they won’t offer you anything. Don’t panic. There is a discretionary element to this and it can be worth giving up with the person you’re talking to and trying again with a different person a few days later.
- If they’re prepared to let you go and they won’t at least match a competitor’s offer then you probably should switch anyway.
- Write down everything they offer and don’t feel pressured to accept on the spot, you can always say you have to discuss it with your significant other.
It sucks that you have to do this to get the best deal, but it’s well worth making a phone call every six months or so if you can save yourself a significant sum of money, and you often can. You’ve really got nothing to lose by trying. Good luck! – Simon Hill,Digital Trends
(Full Story: http://ift.tt/1vs8HVu )