Tag Archives: Transparent
Not only was it Amazon’s first-ever Golden Globe award, “Transparent” also became the first online series to ever win a best series award, comedy or drama, at the annual awards show. – Jenelle Riley, Variety
(Full Story: http://ift.tt/1BRTleD )
2) BoJack Horseman: The animated premise might throw some people off, but BoJack’s humor comes from its satire of Hollywood’s fame machine and the washed-up bits of humanity it spits out.
3) Transparent: Jill Soloway has created a show not just about a father transitioning to life as a woman, but a family struggling with their own intimate question marks.
4) The Hotwives of Orlando: Hulu premiered this new faux reality show from Dannah Phirman and Danielle Schneider in July, and while the first couple episodes of their Real Housewives spoof take a while to gain momentum, the last half is actually sort of subversive.
5) Short Poppies: Netflix scooped it up earlier this year and brought season 1 to an American audience, but it was mostly a sleeper hit.
6) Tough Love: While this premise has certainly been done before, Blaire Wendel and Steven Bell’s dialogue is relatable, their struggle to be adults familiar.
7) F to 7th Web Series: This “homoneurotic” series by Ingrid Jungermann features guest stars like Janeane Garofalo and Amy Sedaris, and explores what it means to be gay and “pre-middle age” in New York City. – Audra Schroeder,The Daily Dot